Saturday, August 20, 2005

1969 Ford Truck! Yeeee hawwwww!

So we went car shoping today.....

We stopped at a used car place, one of those places it doesn't matter if you've recently killed someone...they'll give you credit.

bankruptsy...no problem!

Screwed your last loan officer....no problem!

Beat the shit out of your wife and just got out of prison....no problem!

We'll give you a loan right after you sign here and cut off your arm!

We looked around at some of the nice used car's they had for sale....and I noticed Jack only looked at one in particular with alot of intrest. It was an old 1969 ford custom cab pick up truck. One owner, an old guy that owned a firestone tire store. We hunted the sales man down....(he was mopping up blood from the last customer)..and asked him if we could hear it run.

"it's a V8, three on the tree, 5000miles and everything original..." he said. "Let me go get the keys and we'll start er up for ya"....I quickly caught the 'three on the tree' thing he said and grabed Jack's arm...."ppsssssssst! you know what that means!?" I got a really funny look and he said....'baby....Im 56...YES...I know what that means!" (errrr ok).

After getting a copy of Jack's ID and lopping off a finger, he gave us the keys to take it for a spin. Well a spin is all we could do cause it was OUT OF GAS! (idgets!). We both got in, I searched for the seat belts...to which it was only lap belts...and the one on my side was broke (eeeek!). So I just held on tight and braced myself. Jack had a little trouble at first but quickly figured out the clutch and gas thingy's. I was actually quiet impressed till he said...'baby, I used to drive an old fire truck that was just like this". OHHH well ya never told me THAT! It was actually kind of fun living on the edge like that...sitting in a truck older then me, no seat belt, a half blind man behind the wheel, hardly no gas AND he was struggling with all the gears and such.

When we got back from our trip around the block (yee haw), I asked Jack what he thought. After all he's the only one going to be driving it. I thought for sure he'd say..."I gotta have this truck!" Instead he said.."it's to much truck for what I need". I had to agree, just watching him struggling with the peddles and the stiring wheel would have been a work out just getting to work and back. It was a nice truck tho, someone will buy it and fix it up to show off. Just not what we were looking for.

We have a plan to go out again tonight after all the places are closed so we can walk around the dealerships and look at their used car's.

We also talked about the fact we may not be able to do anything until we get our taxes back next year.

We did see a truck in a drive way...a 1993 something or other and they want 1750.00 for it. Everything she said was great until she mentioned she hadn't driven it in over a year and the last time she drove it she THINKS it ran ok. (ummm lemme think about that....errrrrrr...NO THANKS).

Ok....time to eat...I made homemade hamburger pizza for dinner.

See you on the up side!

Susan
Peace!