Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy Happy Birthday....Happy Birthday To ME


35 isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but then I've only been 35 for less then 24hours. Where does time go? I can still remember sucking on my doo lolly (that's a pacifier for all you kids that didn't get one!) and crawling around on the floor. Now here I am a grown woman pushing 40.

Last year I had myself convinced that when I turn 35 the world as I knew was going to end. I had visions of waking, looking in the mirror and finding wrinkles, bags and saggy things. So far so good, everything seems to still be in place and no new wrinkles yet. Ofcourse I'm kidding, it's my strange sense of humor. The truth is I was really dreading turning 35 but today, but I feel good and happy that it's my birthday. That's purely because of all the wonderful friends I have that wished me a Happy Day. I have to admit, I was completely blown away by all the messages and e-cards I received. Thank you to all of you for making today such a special day for me. All of the birthday wishes also renewed my spirit and got me out of my funk that I had been in. I feel more like my old self today then I have in months.

Everyone has been asking if I have any special plans for my day and the answer is not yet. Jack has a doctors appointment late today and most likely he will be whistle bit by the time we leave there. So...tonight just relax and get Jack feeling better and perhaps on Friday I can talk him into taking me fishing. I would love nothing more then to pack a picnic lunch and spend the day fishing with Jack. I'll make my special catfish dough balls (for the fish!) and maybe I'll finally catch one big enough to eat! For those of you who like to fish for catfish, here is my recipe for the best dough balls in the world. Guaranteed to catch catfish fast! I made these and have been asked to make them for the local fish and wildlife ranger. He was impressed! 1 can of fancy feast shrimp and tuna feast cat food and just enough flower to make a dough sticky but not stick to your fingers. Kind of like when you make bread dough, it gets smooth with just the right amount of flour. Make them into half inch balls and place them around the top of a treble hook (not on the barbs, up higher on the eye of the hook). Cast these dough balls out and let it sit on the bottom of the lake. Have your bucket ready because your gonna catch catfish left and right! I promise!

May your Easter weekend be full of happiness, family and joy!

Susan
~peace~