Friday, January 13, 2006

TGIF!

What a lovely start to a three day weekend. Rain turning to sleet turning to snow!

I actually like it, call me wierd, but I enjoy watching the weather change. Jack and I have food so we're in for the weekend and who cares what it's like outside.

Jack and I made a big decission about the van this week. We decided since it was now not starting at all that we were going to just let it go. We didn't want to put anymore money into it and certainly didn't want to be paying insurance on something we can't drive. We had first thought we would just call the junk yard to come get it. Then a guy we know asked if he could have it or buy it from us. He wants to try and fix it up and use for a work vehicle. We decided to give him the van and let him do what he wants to it. So today I signed over the title to it to the guy. I doubt I'll ever see that van on the road again but who knows.

In a way the van leaving symbolizes the end of any material connection I've had to my ex. It is the only thing left that I took from our divorce that I still had. Ofcourse I didn't take anything, but that was my choice. So now everything of material value that I had from my first marriage is gone. I no longer have to look at something like that and think about my past. The only connection I have now is my children and Im happy to have that one.

ok...off to do some things I've been putting off. I've been lazy enough today. May you all dream happy dreams and may they come true!
Susan
~peace~