Saturday, January 28, 2006

I live in a nice neighborhood, it's a well ta do subdivision and the homes here are really nice. So are the apartment buildings, including the one I live in and manage. We pay to have our lawn mowed, our leaves picked up, our snow shoveled from the drive. The people who live in our buildings are generally nice people who enjoy living here and are proud to call this place home. For some reason the upity folks around here seem to think our yards are their dogs toilet. We have a strict pet policy here and our tenants have a designated area that they must take their dogs and pick up after them. Currently we have two dogs that live on site. Day after day I watch as a couple of neighborhood people walk by with their dogs. Anyone who has a dog or has ever owned a dog knows that dogs tend to go in the same spot a lot. So it's not a surprise that every time these dogs get here they have to stop in a regular spot and go. Normally I wouldn't give a crap (pun intended) because the owners picked it up before, but recently I've noticed they are not picking up after their dogs. So Im walking down the sidewalk that is in front of our building and there are several piles. It looks horrible, it stinks and it's gross. If I were a dog owner and I allow my dog to crap in someone else's yard.......Wait.....First of all I wouldn't let that happen in the first place and if it did by accident I would clean it up right away.

I remember watching the movie 'me, myself and Irene' and Jim Carey's charater got sick of his neighbors dog crapping in his yard so one morning he walked over and took a dump in the neighbors yard. Now Im not gonna do this, but I am trying to think up a way to stop this from happening. Perhaps a little homemade sign that says 'please pick up after your dog'? Or Maybe "Attention dog owners, our yard isn't a good place to do business" or "No Dumping". How about a catchy little rhyme like "I love my pet, you love yours too, Respect your neighbors and take the poo with you".

I know I probably can't do anything about it really, but maybe if just one dog owner reads this that doesn't pick up after their dog.....aww that's a stretch isn't it?

ok, rant over...Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Susan
~peace~