Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

The events of the hurricane have kept me completely paralized. All I can do is watch coverage of it. Today is the aftermath and It saddens me greatly. When they say on t.v. that bodies are floating down streets I find myself sinking farther into sadness. It's such a helpless feeling to be far enough away it doesn't affect you, yet so close you could drive there in a day and see it first hand. The images of people being plucked from a roof top into a helicopter is to much for me to even imagine. I heard a 911 call of a young man saying his family called and said they are trapped in the attack of their home and the water has risen to the attack floor, they are trapped and can't get out. The voice says..."I guess they can't and wont". It was so chilling, it was so real, it was so sad!

Jack spent half the night in the recliner because his back is killing him. He only feels better when he sits up. I'm calling the doctor today to get him in. He wont be happy but it's gone on for weeks now. He's had this before, they call it a 'rib out', it's when the muscle on your ribs pulls away from the bone. He suffers from this atleast once a year.

Listening to the newest news on the happenings in New Orleans....They are in a terrible way, 10's of thousands of people are now trapped in the city with waters rising and no way out. I can't blog anymore......

Susan
Peace!