Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Fly



I have a fly in my office. Yesterday Gert (my cat) nearly took down two sets of curtains trying to get the fly behind them. I swatted at the fly and could have sworn I killed it. Like a scary movie the damn thing must have gotten back up when I turned my back.

I don't have a fly swatter because I normally don't have any fly's bugging me. So I had to make one. I rolled up a thin phone book and tried that for a while. My aim was way off and I took out two pictures on the wall.

So I thought I'd have to out smart this fly. How hard could this be, it's a fly and he's flying into a window over and over again. I yanked up the mini blind, pulled back the curtain and got my swatter ready. Gert was next to me waiting patiently to eat the body when I was done. Hmmm, it seems to be gone. I looked at Gert, she looked at me and we both scratched our heads.

Later that evening I was sitting at my desk and I hear something buzzing in the light next to me. OH...there it is! the FLY! I retrieved my fly hitting device from the trash can and smiled devilishly as I knew this was the end of the road for the little guy. I swung and missed, swung again and hit the lamp, it tettered but I saved it from falling over. I swung again and missed, then he landed on the wall....."ah ha! I got you NOW!" I screamed! I carefully took am and just as I was about to swing it flew off towards the window. I ran over to the window and started to beat the drapes silly. It whizzed by my head as if to taunt me "screw you, you little shit, I'll get you!" I screamed! I ran back across the room and swung into the air....swooosh swoooosh! I'd get this little thing if it killed me! As I swung things began to crash all around me. The computer speaker falls off the desk, my can of pop now sideways and leaking Pepsi all over my keyboard, my corded phone off the hook and buzzing at me!

As the dust settled there I stood in a pile of broken figurines , papers and left over drink cans. I stood quiet listening for the enemy..................nothing...............I must have gotten him!

The next day, after I cleaned my office,I was sitting at my desk supper gluing my figurines back together. I had just placed a small drop of glue on the precious flower figurine, now missing a dainty butterfly that lay on my desk in peaces, when out of the corner of my eye I see a shadow on the wall. I stopped and slowly put the tube of supper glue down. I leaned back in my chair ever so slowly. My eyes shifting left and right searching for something, anything to throw at this evil being. The little bugger buzzed right past me and I followed him with my eyes, then he swooped down and back up. He zoomed threw the air right in front of me and then to my surprise and delight he landed right on top of the glue that was just placed on the flower figurine. The fly spread his wings in the attempt to escape but his tiny legs were now stuck in the glue. I looked down at the broken ceramic butterfly that used to adore the top of the flower and noticed an amazing resemblance. I smiled deviantly.............then carefully placed the figuring back on the shelf where it had fallen from. I figure the buzzing will stop soon.. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*this is a story and no annoying flies were actually hurt*














OOOPS!

Susan
~Peace~