Thursday, October 06, 2005

You got some BALLS!

Or one big one!

Yesterday I stared at the yoga ball that was decorating our living room (because I have no other flippin place to put a ball bigger then mount Rushmore), and decided I would pop in the DVD that came with it and do some yoga. How hard could this be, it's a stupid ball and you get to sit on it and exercise. So I put the DVD in, pushed play and began to do the warm up. At first the gal was very pleasant and the warm up was actually kinda fun. WOW....I can do this! I did learn quickly tho that I need alot of space to do this. At one point in the video they want you to hold the ball up over your head and I nearly brought a glass hanging candle holder down on my head.

As the program progressed I found myself feeling like I was in a bad game of twister with a short fat man. I couldn't stay on the damn thing and laying across it was nearly impossible. 15 min into this work out and I was saying to myself that I was going to shove the ball up this woman's ass! The worse part was I had only a sports bra and boxer shorts on and my bare skin was sticking to the rubber ball. It was like sitting naked in a leather chair in 95 degree heat. I got rubber burn on my ass that looks like jolly green giant gave me a hicky! "Ho Ho Ho green giant"

I was really scared of the yoga ball in more then one way. Not only could I hardly get my balance on it, but the only thing keeping the air in was a little plastic plug. Everytime I sat on the ball I made sure the plug was pointed downward. I kept having visions in my head of my fat ass carelessly bouncing on this thing and that plug popping out, shooting across the room and killing one of my cats. It said on the box it holds up to 300lbs, which is entirely amazing to me, but I wonder what the pressure is of a 'chunky' gal who's bouncing up and down on it is?

Yesterday was my daughters Birthday. I called and had a nice chat with her. She has a big band contest to go to next weekend and is very excited about that. She also said she is getting all A's, which is awesome. Im so proud of her and told her that. She sounded good, she's loving highschool and working towards graduating early. I didn't get to talk to my son because they were heading out to a restaurant to celebrate. I'll call again tonight to speak with him.

Ok...Off to the kitchen...I want to start dinner, Im making a stew and want it to sit in the crock all day.

Susan
~peace~