Friday, September 30, 2005

two candy bars, a bag of popcorn and two hours later.....


I don't do well waiting in waiting rooms. I knew this was going to be hard but I had no idea how hard. They called Jack's name, we kissed and he followed a woman down a long hallway. I was worried because he had been given a sedative and we were not real sure how well it would work or not work. I watched him walking down the hall until I couldn't see him anymore when he disappeared through a door. I knew I was going to shop in the gift shop and I also knew it was a very small gift shop and that it would only kill 15min tops. I leaned over the outpatient desk and asked a very small woman with huge glasses how long she thought he might be. She didn't know for sure but said atleast an hour and a half. "UGH" So I started out on an adventure. I desided I was going to walk every inch of the hospital that I could or would be allowed to and maybe even see if I could sneek up to maternaty an look at new babies. I had wished now I had brought my camera because I could see they have a neat pond and water fountain outside. I made a mental note about the flower garden and path to the fountain. I would make my way outside too.

Then I saw the snack bar.....ooooh! I'll have something to snack on! I thought. I dug into my purse and pulled out some change, then scanned the machine for something good. I chose Reeses cups and sat down at a little table and ate it. I noticed then that I could have gone outside and eatten also. I wandered around alot, saw a couple people I knew but didn't go up to them. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I get so nervous about hospitals in general let alone worried about Jack doing ok. I just didn't feel like having a conversation. I rode the elevator a couple times and almost got lost looking for the babies. I decided I better go back to the outpatient area just in case he was done early. I watched a bit of t.v. in the waiting room then a family came in with a crying 2 yr old so I decided to check out the gift shop. The gift shop was small but they had alot of neat stuff. I picked up a container of lotion with shea butter and it smelled like watermelons so I hung on to it. Then I saw something cute for Jack's daughter and I desperately tried to find something for Jack. I know it is silly, but I wanted to get him something, after all he would have done that for me. They sure didn't have much that a man would like. Then I spotted this little stuffed monkey and since Jack collects monkey's I thought he might like it. I stepped up to the counter and paid for my things. I checked the time on my cell phone and relized I still had 45 min to kill!

I found a quiet area to sit in and looked over my goodies.
The monkey was cutier and softer then I thought. I opened the lotion and tried it....mmmmm...it smelled good! I sat quietly then and watched people come and go. Wondering what thier story was. I guess time went by because before long a woman was asking me if I was with Gary. She said he was almost done about 5 min. He was in there for a total of 2 hours. When he finaly walked out he looked good, he said it was very noisy and at one point his shoulder cramped up. He didn't realize it had been two hours and was just hungry.

Right after dinner he fell asleep in his chair with his shoes on, so I took off his shoes and covered him up. He slept for an hour or so then woke in time to watch a favorite tv show and go to bed. Im just glad that's over and hopefully soon we'll know what's wrong.

Time for work, it's friday, pay day and my short day.

Susan
~peace~