Thursday, January 05, 2006

Don't loan our your clippers!

If you have ever shaved your husbands head with your brand new eyebrow trimmer, you may be a redneck............
or someone who loaned out your trimmer and it was never returned.

Jack was on vacation from work for 2 weeks. Normally he would shave his head every morning before work. He decided during his 2 weeks of pure rest and relaxation that he'd let it grow out. I was really enjoying his new look. I tried to encourage him to just leave it short.

We both had to return to work on Tuesday the 3rd and were dreading it. We both got quite used to sleeping until dinner time. On the evening of the 2nd Jack decided he was going to shave his head for work the next day instead of waiting until morning. Thank goodness he did, I can't imagine how this would have played out at 5:30am.

He lathered up his head, chased me about the apartment with shaving cream filled hands and then began to shave. As I headed down the hallway telling him some silly story as I always do I paused as I noticed the look on his face. "what's wrong?" I asked. "it's to long and it's not shaving off with this razor" he replied. "get out our clippers" he said. Suddenly a lump formed in my throat. I began to sweat as he turned and looked at me with urgency. I stared at his now brutaly chopped up hair. "oh don't tell me we don't have clippers anymore baby" he pleaded. "um...er...I loaned them out and......"

As he continued to hack away at his head with a razor I could hear him grumbling under his breath. I was rushing about trying to find the power cord to his beard trimmer that he hasn't used in over a year. I looked in every drawer, cabinet and junk drawer I could find. His groans began to get louder and I began to panic. "Wait.....I got a little trimmer!" I proudly stated. I had him sit down on the stool. I took out an eyebrow trimmer with a cutting area of less then a half an inch. Jack sat with a look on his face that I have never seen before. I kept trying to make light of the situation and kept assuring him that it was working to just give me a min or two. I noticed he was wincing and scrunching his nose so I asked "does it hurt?" He replied "like getting a tattoo!" ooooh errrr oops! "sorry" I said as I continued to carve 1/4 inch paths in his head. When we were done his head looked like it was pecked to death by a flock of wild birds. He was NOT amused!

He'll laugh about it once his head stops burning and we have purchased a new set of clippers. Until then every time he touches his head he looks at me like I ate the last cookie in the jar.

Because we went on vacation to see my kids for Christmas and bought a new truck three days before the holidays we had to struggle a bit money wise for a week before payday. It felt worse because we didn't have a lot of food in the apartment before the holidays. Today is payday....Thank God....IM sick of pb&j and soup. I realized this past week (survival week as Jack called it) that it is times like this that weird food concoction are invented. I ate stale chips and catsup for dip, made mayonnaise sandwiches, catsup and mustard sandwiches and noodles and ranch dressing. I learned one very valuable food lesson this past week. You can't replace water for milk when making instant pudding. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I want to thank all my readers for continuing to read my silly dribble. I hope all of you have a great weekend. May you all feel loved by someone and may peace fill your hearts.

Susan
~peace~